Yes, thats right I said Gentlemen’s Bachelorette. This is not a typo. For those looking for an alternative to the tradition – filled with ideas on themes, decor, what to wear, party favors/gifts, and menu inspiration.
How to Plan a Gentlemen’s Bachelorette
Theme and Location
- Casino Royale – Poker Night
- Saloon/Pub – Crazy Eights
- Rack Em’ Up – Billiards Game
- Mad Hatter – Chess
Guest List and Invitations
Have the bride give you a list of all her favorite people. Determine which family members need to be there and whether a formal invitation is necessary.
For an informal email invitation, ask your stationer (that hopefully is me 😉 ) to design a header and font suggestions. Make sure you include all pertinent information. If you decide to go formal, call me. I would like to work on a project like this.
- What to Expect
- What to Wear
- What to Bring
Decor and Ideas
Casino Royale – Poker Night
- Color Palette: Black, White, and gold or silver
- martini or lowball glassware
- heavy crystal, gold plated utensils
Saloon/Pub – Crazy Eights or Dice
- galvanized buckets of peanuts
- String lights
- Card tables with green tablecloths or green felt placemats
Rack Em’ Up – Billiards
- Use triangle and round shaped trays, plates
- Bistro tables and food baskets
- Chalk, chalkboards/black butcher paper
Mad Hatter – Chess
- Long Tables covered with layers of patterned tablecloths or fabric
- Mismatched chairs, China, and silverware
- Giant game pieces: chess, dice, cards
- Hats, mirrors, clocks
A Real Gentlemen’s – What to Wear
Sophisticated and Formal.
- Lounge Suite: a dark suit with a tie
- Cocktail: formal, tailored, statement threads with patterns and bold colors
- Black Tie: Tuxedo – white dress shirt, black bow tie, evening waistcoat or cummerbund, dinner jacket, satin-striped trousers and highly-polished black Oxfords
Casual and Whimsical
- Steampunk: suits with vests, top hats and long, straight coats and bear a traditional Victorian appearance. A roguish variation exists, often found wearing high leather boots, gloves, and goggles.
- Mad Hatter style: a cross between cocktail and steampunk wearing colorful coat jackets with large cuffed sleeves, pattern vest, satin scarf bowtie, large brooch or hat pins, and oversized top hat.
A Gentlemen’s Bachelorette Favors and Gifts
Looking for a hostess gift or a commemorative gift for the bride? Check out this game-tin post.
Here are a few ideas for favors/gifts for your gal pals:
- Theory11 James Bond Deck of Cards
- Custom Poker Chips and Cards
- Personalized Scarf
- Mini Cheese boards
- Monogramed beer mugs or lowball cocktail glasses
A Gentlemen’s Bachelorette Inspired Menu
Themed Charcuterie Boards
- A Real Gentlemen – mini bottles of Whiskey Bourbon, crisp bacon, candied orange peel, dark chocolate, gouda, sharp cheddar, almonds, sea salt caramels
- Whiskey and S’mores – gourmet marshmallows, semi-dark, spicy chocolate, and 85% cacao squares, and graham crackers
- Saloon/Pub Board – Beer, soft pretzels, stuffed pretzel bites, pretzel rods, beer pub cheese, hard cheese, bratwurst, pickles, blackberries, honey crisp apple slices, mustard and sauerkraut
- Milk and Cookies – 3 to 5 of your favorite cookies paired with shot glasses of different milks, Irish cream or other cream based shots like this Snickers Shot
- Sweet and Salty – pretzels, caramels, strawberries, nuts, chocolate, shortbread cookies, chocolate and hazelnut spread